We can't wait to see the results!
We are delighted to be partnering with St Johns CE Primary in Bradford, who have chosen Sahara Clevertouch technology to meet their future teaching and learning requirements. Using a 70" Clevertouch Plus screen mounted on an RA Technology riser mount ensures opportunities for both staff and pupils to engage with the range of education software provided as part of this exciting interactive solution.
We can't wait to see the results!
Apart from creating a bit of an eyesore, untidy server and comms cabinets create support headaches for schools and can make networks inefficient and unreliable. Here are a few tips which we have proven through our recent work in many schools to help improve network reliability and reduce frustration!
1. Use the right cable length for your requirement - longer cables create a tangled mess creating confusion and frustration.
2. Label or colour code your cabling for each requirement - general patch cables, link cables, managed wireless systems and other network devices such as CCTV all require a labelling or the use of defined coloured cabling in order to improve maintenance and support.
3. Keep your cabling runs as separate a possible to improve cabinet temperature and performance.
4. Right-size your cabinets so that there is plenty of room for air circulation and provide headroom for future expansion.
5. Ensure old cables are replaced to reduce the risk of cables not terminating correctly i.e. not fully pushed in and connected!
Below are images of recent project completed by Blue Box IT which has significantly improved the main comms cabinet for the school and helped us to improve our ongoing fault finding and support. Finding some additional room in your IT budget this year to improve your own server and comms cabinet environments could prove to be an investment that pays for itself many times over in the long run!
We are delighted to announce the launch of our new Schools Broadband internet solution for all schools looking for an alternative to their current broadband provider.
As a Schools Broadband Platinum partner, Blue Box IT can now provide a marketing leading, specialist internet solution to schools, providing superfast broadband connections with unique web filtering and network protection service.
Our all-inclusive hosted system means that there is no expensive equipment for schools to store or maintain and provides fully customisable web filtering for all on- and off-site scholol devices. All support is provided by our in-house specialist support with one simple call taking care all of broadband related issues and queries.
Contact us now for a no-obligation review of the connection options available to your school or head to our dedicated web page for more information.
Project Type: New Server Installation
'As always the team have worked to the highest standards and have sought to alleviate any issues or problems that could have arisen on the school's return'
N Brooke-Smith, Greystones Primary School
Project Type: Network Cabling
'As always , Blue Box are true to their word. EVERYONE at Blue Box is polite, very helpful and knowledgeable about the products they install. Orders are very quick in arriving, any that require specialist installation is normally completed within the day.
Would highly recommend Blue Box to any of my colleagues'
D Maddock, Brook House Junior School