Delivering the new Computing Curriculum
- Has your school implemented the new Computing curriculum?
- Can you deliver interesting and engaging lessons in areas such as Algorithms?
- Do your staff have the skills and knowledge to teach programming using tools such as Scratch and Logo effectively?
- Do you feel confident that you can demonstrate that your school can meet the requirements of the new curriculum?
Our bespoke training packages can help you answer 'YES' to all these questions, helping individual ICT co-coordinators or entire staff groups to get to grips with the challenge set by the new curriculum and feel confident to deliver the required curriculum with interesting and engaging lesson plans.
What do our training packages include?
Our aim is to provide a wide range of training options to schools in order to meet their individual training needs and budgetary requirements. Standard training sessions, delivered in PPA time, INSET training or staff meetings around the following topic areas are available to all schools:-
- Working with free software resources such as Logo and Scratch to develop programming skills and improve logic and problem solving.
- Fun activities and exercises to take back into the classroom away from the ICT suite, providing an alternative approach to meeting the curriculum requirements around programming and algorithms.
- Provide interesting and useful examples of how the curriculum can be introduced into other topic and theme work, increasing the use of technology for associated subjects and helping to integrate technology across all teaching and learning.
- Offering an independent view of different technologies used in the classroom and how these can be adopted to make best-use of the learning opportunities available.
Alternatively, schools can choose to work with Blue Box IT to create an individual learning program that integrates all of the above elements into a scheduled program of training and engagement with staff across the academic year. This can help to develop curriculum knowledge and skills by reinforcing key themes and activities and allows us to provide independent review, feedback and support to staff across a longer period of time, providing evidence of progress made throughout the curriculum.
What does it cost?
Training package start from as little as £99 plus VAT for a 1 hour staff meeting with all training materials and preparation included in this cost. A half day staff training sessions starts from £399 plus VAT.
For more information or to arrange a discussion with one of our training consultants please contact us here.